Dell Streak Forum for discussion on Dells 5'' android tablet, the Dell Streak

(#11) Old
Default 03-06-2011, 05:07 AM

My keyboard is working problem at all with shift or caps or.anything..i m using swipe keyboard...also hav android board but that also works fine

I just upgraded to 2.2 build 12821 and now my screen unloxk problem also gone...
unlock slider works gr8
  (#12) Old
Default 03-24-2011, 06:40 PM

I've encountered this problem before as well, and as far as I can tell it is solely due to an application, NOT hardware. What I've found from my personal experience is uninstalling Google Listen tends to get rid of my issue. My assumption is that it's busy trying to download or sync?

I can also prove that it's not hardware, because despite the screen unlock button not moving when you want it to, you CAN actually move the audio button (although you can't move it the whole way).
  (#13) Old
Default 03-25-2011, 10:18 AM

I had this problem for a long while - even before the upgrade to 2.2

I read somewhere (like fester61 said) it is to do with heat and humidity and having the phone in your pocket glass to body caused problems.

I have started to wear it glass out (being very careful not to knock into things!) and amazingly - it has never happened once!!

I was a bit sceptical about being the heat but have to agree it is.

Hope this helps.
  (#14) Old
Default 04-04-2011, 04:39 PM

I have the same problem, but it's only when I'm listening to music locked. Usually if I pause the music (inline controls on headphones) and lock/unlock it fixes. I'm 90% sure it's a software issue, but it never sticks around, so I don't really care that much.

My last Streak's screen broke, so I got a new one, and as the screen on my last one deteriorated it started having this problem more and more, so I also have evidence it's a screen issue. I'm not sure which one it is, but I'm still trying to figure it out. I'll let you guys know if I fix it.

« what is dell streak | Will DELL Streak Be Added to ATT inventory (when TMobile is acquired)? »