Dell Streak Forum for discussion on Dells 5'' android tablet, the Dell Streak

(#1) Old
Question QDLTool - WORKED, but: Where Have All The Contacts Gone... - 02-21-2011, 08:48 AM

• my contacts are completely gone - I'M NOT KIDDING; I have ZERO CONTACTS NOW. When I hit the call log, all the numbers & names of previous callers are there, but then the names disappear... I've tried restoring from the backup, but that does nothing. This will be very difficult for me restore manually - any help would be SUPER APPRECIATED!
  • Music is still there, as are photos.
  • Could have NEVER done it without the long thread moderated tenaciously by Kohawk09 - BRAVO!!!
I've got a white USA ATT previously locked Streak, and want to immediately go to 1.7, but:

When I follow these directions (from Beyond QDLTool on StreakDroid):
Latest Streakdroid ROM

If you want to upgrade to the latest Streakdroid ROM (1.6.0), either from the QDLTool install or from the latest official build, you can follow these steps:
  1. Go to the downloads section and grab StreakMod Recovery, the latest 1.6.0 Update and the AMSS for 1.5.1+ (the update and amss are under Roms, StreakMod Recovery is under Recovery)
  2. Copy the file onto the root of your SD card.
  3. If you are wanting to change from the default install options, create the install config file and place on the SD card as well.
  4. Extract recovery.img from the StreakMod recovery and place it, along with amss.mbn, into the same directory as QDLTool (QDLTool has a copy of fastboot)
  5. Shut down your Streak, then hold down the camera button (all the way) as you turn it back on.
  6. The screen should turn white; press ‘Fastboot’ in the top right hand of the screen.
  7. Plug in the USB cable – the Streak should now display ‘FASTBOOT_MODE’ at the bottom of the screen.

Unfortunately, I don't get "FASTBOOT_MODE" on my Streak, but rather "Wait for USB FastBoot detect...." and
  • My New Hardware notification pops-up on my XP PC. This is feeling a lot like the 10+ hours I lost this weekend trying to get the ADB driver installed correctly, so that the QDLTool could complete and get me to 2.2...

Is there a good thread to help newbies going from QDLTool-achieved 2.2 to DJSteve's 1.7?

I've got 3 days left to my 30 day no-questions-asked return privilege; so if I've gotta brick it, let it be now!
  (#2) Old
Exclamation 3G internet doesn't work, either - 02-23-2011, 12:37 AM

I seem to remember that after my initial booting into 2.2, I saw an "H" by the battery - but not since.

Any idea what I'm doing wrong? Under Wireless and Network Settings, Mobile Networks, I've enabled Data ("Enable data access over Movile network"), and under Network Operators, I've tried Selecting Automatically, and Manually (on this one, trying both AT&T DR, and AT&T): nothing is working.
I have not tried wireless yet...
  (#3) Old
Default Now the camera is not working - 02-27-2011, 12:43 AM

Here is the error message I get when I try to push the camera button to focus:
Sorry! The application Camera ( has stopped unexpectedly. Please try again. Force close. Then: System Exception. Quit, Copy log to SDCard, Report to LOTA.

Trying to hit the camera shutter icon with my thumb does nothing...

STUPID QUESTION: I've tried removing the battery - is there another thing I should be doing to reset my Streak - I'm a total NEWBIE?

« AT&T & Rogers Android 2.2 Update Released | Best launcher? »