Dell Streak Forum for discussion on Dells 5'' android tablet, the Dell Streak

(#1) Old
Default Complete Factory Reset (works even if "Factory Reset" from menu fails) - 02-13-2011, 04:34 PM

History that lead to this post: I had my Streak put up on eBay, the bidding was over and I was waiting for the money-transfer. I wanted to use the Streak until the last day so when the bidding was over I started formatting the Micro SDCard. After that I deleted every app and then wanted to delete my Google account. Well, as you can see after a quick Google-search with the words <Android delete Google account> there are many advisories but most of them don't work as expected. The one that seemed to be the easiest to use was just using the "Factory reset" menu item. As it turned out this didn't work for my Streak. What did work, otherwise, was the following:

- Turn device off
- Hold down Power button + both Volume buttons until a menu comes up
- Select "Factory reset" using your Volume buttons and confirm your selection via the Camera button

Hope this helps someone

Edit: Notice that this will erase almost everything from the internal disk! I'm not sure about the contents of the Micro SDCard so remove it from your Streak when in doubt

Also thanks a lot to this forum I learned many things browsing the topics in here

Last edited by beatmaster2k; 02-14-2011 at 08:28 AM. Reason: Security advise + praise
  (#2) Old
Send a message via Skype™ to Dunhamzzz
Default 02-14-2011, 12:33 AM

Yeah it's a bit of a chore deleting the original Google account! i've been waiting to hard reset mine for a while now as I've changed my gmail address..

Please do not send me support requests via PM.

delete google account, dell, factory reset, streak

« Multiple questions! | second dell streak purchase »