Dell Streak Forum for discussion on Dells 5'' android tablet, the Dell Streak

(#1) Old
Default need help with qdl tool and drivers - 02-03-2011, 02:11 PM

i would literally pay and or kill for someone to provide me with step by step instructions on how to properly install the qdl and the drivers to upgrade streak to 2.2. followed instructions post on streakdroid but keep getting same error message obout "adb", followed another set of instructions from one of the forums here and bricked my phone. anyone please step by step from a to z. its obvious neither dell nor att has any intenyion of pushing the upgrade through, need help !
  (#2) Old
Default 02-03-2011, 04:54 PM

You and me both, I tried for 2 hours yesterday and am still as lost as when I started.

I am semi computer literate, but a lot of the steps went way over my head.
  (#3) Old
Default 02-03-2011, 07:12 PM

Originally Posted by nsw8148 View Post
You and me both, I tried for 2 hours yesterday and am still as lost as when I started.

I am semi computer literate, but a lot of the steps went way over my head.
i am also not that good with computers but was able to upgrade to 1.6.1, i don't even know what command prompt is but i made my research over the internet, i followed the instructions on streakdroid very carefully, almost gave up, made lots of attempt to make it work on my windows 7 64 bit dell inspiron, here are the corrections that i made, command for computer to disable driver verification as follows, i've read it in other forums while making my research,
C: windows\system32>bdcedit -set loadoptions _DDISABLE_INTEGRITY_CHECKS_ then hit enter,

C:windows\system32>bcdedit -set testsigning on, then hit enter,

then reboot your computer so changes would take effect and your computer would then enter "test mode" it is while your computer is on "test mode" that you need to follow the instructions on using QDL tool so you would get it right, in video tutorial for windows 7 64 bit it said after installing the certificates "You should now go ahead to the main QDL Tool tutorial. Once you've finished with QDL Tool click the green arrow for instruction on how to exit test mode. That is the part that i missed, i did not immediately go to QDL Tutorial instead I exited test mode then proceeded to QDL Tool tutorial after rebooting.

notice that there are 2 "D"s on _DDISABLE_INTEGRITY_CHECKS_ ? instead of just only 1 compared to the video tutorial? they said sometimes windows 7 acts weird and differently, hence that kind of command.

Remember, follow QDL Tool Tutorial while your computer is still on "Test MOde"

Hope this helps.

« How do you install Clockwork Recovery | Can I make a NAND backup through adb with clockworkrecovery? »