Dell Streak Forum for discussion on Dells 5'' android tablet, the Dell Streak

(#1) Old
Smile Dell Streak In Australia - 01-23-2011, 10:34 AM

Hi, to you all from Sydney.

Dell have come to an arrangement with just one Telco in Australia to offer the Streak. Originally prior to launch it had been previewed at the rival and largest Telco "Telstra".

In the end they chose "Optus" which was an Australian company, but was bought out by "Singtel" of Singapore.

So it is offered here on a $59 x 24 months contract providing 2 GB of data and $700 worth of talk, text etc, with free access to many social networks & Ebay etc.

The device has a 2 year warranty.

As it also costs $59 per month for 2 GB of access if you already own a phone, - you more or less get the device "free".

On the two occasions I tried to get one, Optus were out of stock, but I entered a contract and will receive the device on Wednesday.

I also have a Cowon O2 which is fantastic, and an Archos 5 a few weeks old, and while the Archos is great for movies, the colours are a bit washed out. And I still don't know how to delete files directly off it, as the manual doesn't mention how, and I came to the conclusion that members of the Archos forums know next to nothing about the device, - or are too lazy to offer suggestions.

But it was being able to connect to the Net without Wi-Fi spots that persuaded me the Dell was the best all rounder.

I hope it's audio through earphones is as good as the Archos, as I read the first release 1.6 version of the Streak had pathetic audio through head phones.

audio, audio quality, australia, optus

« Way to go AT&T/DELL | Dell Streak 5 lock screen »