Dell Streak Forum for discussion on Dells 5'' android tablet, the Dell Streak

(#1) Old
Default Streak gets T-Mobile in USA - 01-17-2011, 05:27 PM

I have confirmation that UNLOCKED Dell Streak 5 currently being sold on will run 3G in the USA with a Tmobile SIM card. Aside from the new $399 price, this is great news for people who prefer Tmobile over AT&T.

My Dell source noted that upon receiving the Streak 5, installing an existing Tmobile SIM card and over the air upgrading (during first use) from Android V1.6 to V2.2 (Froyo) you must go into Settings to turn the 3G feature ON.

This information was provided to me on 1/17/2011 by Melinda at Dell Support 800-308-3355.

P.S. As a current Nexus One owner running Froyo that receives HSDPA+ on it (a/k/a 4G), I plan to report if this same becomes true when I receive my unlocked Streak 5 (due to be delivered to me by 2/8/2011).
  (#2) Old
Default 01-17-2011, 06:21 PM

You made the same post at XDA. You don't have 'official confirmation'. I believe you have a phone support rep that was mistaken.
  (#3) Old
Send a message via Yahoo to pappyfire
Default 01-17-2011, 11:55 PM

Originally Posted by marvin02 View Post
You made the same post XDA. You don't have 'official confirmation'. I believe you have a phone support rep that was mistaken.
I just looked on - only choice is AT&T.
  (#4) Old
Default 01-18-2011, 04:15 PM

HSDPA+ on it (a/k/a 4G)

Wasn't HSDPA+ an intermediate step between 3G and 4G? (4G being LTE).
  (#5) Old
Default 01-31-2011, 12:30 AM

Well I purchased an unlocked Streak and use it on Tmobile. I then realized it doesnt have the tMo 3g band so I've been hobbling along on Edge. But then I read about tmobile's "4g" band... Its not really 4g but amped 3g on the UMTS 2100 band which the streak gets... so, I justed signed up for the tMo "4g"... Nothing has happened yet... So either it takes a couple of hours or I have to turn on that band on the phone... which I can't find... Any ideas???

« Sony Ericisson LiveView Display | Some Observations »