Dell Streak Forum for discussion on Dells 5'' android tablet, the Dell Streak

(#1) Old
Default Invalid Service Tag?! - 01-13-2011, 03:54 PM

I bought my Streak from Best Buy, out of contract, and according to Dell, "your phone doesn't exist in our system". How could the manufacturer of my product tell me it doesn't exist?! When I go to their website and enter it in for registration I get an Invalid Service Tag message. So far both Dell and Best Buy do not seem to know what the hell they are talking about. Anyone had this problem that was able to get it resolved?
  (#2) Old
Send a message via Yahoo to pappyfire
Default 01-14-2011, 01:59 AM

I've experienced the same issue on not only the Streak, but other Dell items. What I've found is that it takes a bit for the service tag to be entered into their web site. Give it a week or so and try again. So far for me anyway, everything eventually shows up as valid.
  (#3) Old
Default 01-14-2011, 08:41 AM

If you just want to download the Sync software etc, you don't need to enter the service tag. You can just enter the type of device instead.
  (#4) Old
Default 01-14-2011, 01:26 PM

Well my concerns are for warranty issues. Once i'm out ofr my 30 days with Best Buy i'll have to deal with Dell for any issues, and if they are telling me my device doesn't exist I might have some problems. The rep on the phone also told me that when they do the OTA I may not get the notification because of my service tag.

« The Streak Dock.. | Need Dell Streak parts »