Dell Streak Forum for discussion on Dells 5'' android tablet, the Dell Streak

(#1) Old
Default My dell experience - 12-31-2010, 12:25 AM

I have done business with Dell many times in the past. Have bought 2 pc's of over 3000$ in the past 2 yrs and my wife has bought 17 pc's for her school.

In November i descided to buy a Dell streak with financing. I placed my order and was accepted the next day and my order went into production. In mid December i called asking why my mobile was still in production. They responded with an attitude telling me it was back ordered and it will be sent out when it is sent out.

On December 15 someone from Dell wrote to me asking for my info so he could help me. I gave him all my info and he told me that he would look into it. The next day my order was shipped out. 1 Week later i call back asking if i could have a tracking # and they told me they didn't have one yet in there files.

When i placed my order is asked them if i could choose the day for my payments and was told i couldn't cause the shipping date was the same as the payment date. Now this is were it get's weird cause on the 22nd of December i get a letter from financing stating my payment dates would be the 21st of every month. But my streak was shipped out the 16th.

So i called back and way transfered to 6 different people before being told that my order was lost in shipping and that i could cancel my order or they could place another order. Seeing as i had already bought alot of accessories for my phone and sold my old phone already.

They placed another order and told me it would be sent out the next day and should get it within a week. On Tuesday nothing had changed and the second order was still in production. So i called back customer service for mobility and was told bluntly that my order would be shipped out the next day and just to wait and i would have it by the end of the week.

I called today the person that placed my second order and asked what was going on and he checked around to tell me there was something wrong with the processing that is stopping it from going through and he would contact me at the latest tomorrow.

So now i'm waiting and hope things go through, cause after 1 month of waiting, my opinion of Dell is really going down the drain
  (#2) Old
Default 12-31-2010, 11:25 AM

Their customer service rep did go down the tubes* a few years ago (originally it was quite good). I think things have improved recently but I don't think they're back to their original levels of service.

Keep chasing them and things should work out. Hope it is resolved quickly.

* The most blatant example of this is when they were shipping millions of machines which they knew were guaranteed to fail within a few years due to dodgy capacitors. Just search for 'Dell' and 'Capacitors' if you want a laugh. How a stolen capacitor formula ended up costing Dell $300m | Technology |
  (#3) Old
Default 01-09-2011, 02:37 AM

Well i received my phone yesterday after over a month of screwing around from them. But to my surprise (well not really surprised with Dell anymore) the phone came with Android 1.6. When i placed the order it was writen in big letters that it came pre installed with 2.2. Called them for them to tell me that it was a mistake and that Rogers version of the dell streak won't have 2.2 for a real long while and that they had taken off the 2.2 on there Canadian site all recently. Was a little pissed but fortunately i'm a good technician so i installed android 2.2 myself.

I got to say thanx for this site cause it's a nice place to let off a little steam about a very bad service.

« Swype! | are you worried about having an "orphaned" phone in the next year or so? »