Dell Streak Forum for discussion on Dells 5'' android tablet, the Dell Streak

(#1) Old
Send a message via ICQ to DJFriar Send a message via AIM to DJFriar Send a message via Yahoo to DJFriar
Default Anyone using the Streak as a tablet, not a phone? (In the US) - 12-20-2010, 06:29 AM

I'm curious how many people are using the Streak as a tablet versus as a cell phone. I ordered my Streak last week to act as a tablet. Are those of you doing the same thing using WiFi only? the 2GB DataPro plan from AT&T for $25, pre-paid cards or ???

Ideally, I'd like data and text messaging, but I don't want any voice, and no credit check.

Dell Mini 9 | 32GB ST SSD | 2GB RAM | OS X 10.5.6
  (#2) Old
Default 12-20-2010, 06:31 AM

I'm not sure what you mean by "using it as a tablet". I used my BB Bold as a tablet if by a tablet you mean surfing the web, playing games, and watching videos and stuff. Any cell phone of the last year or so can do what tablets do. Tablets just have a bigger screen.
  (#3) Old
Default 01-04-2011, 04:15 PM

I'm using my Dell Streak as a web browser and tablet. I have Verizon, which is not compatible for use as a phone. I have a Verizon portable wifi hotspot, and use it with the Streak.
  (#4) Old
Default 02-01-2011, 05:38 PM

Yeah, I bought the Streak (mini 5) just to use as an internet tablet. I connect to wifi at home and at AT&T hotspots and where ever else I can get it. A data package is a good idea though. I have not had the urge or need add a data plan to it. I use Verizon for my phone service and that won't change.
  (#5) Old
Default 02-03-2011, 03:52 AM

i use mine as a tablet that makes and recieves phone calls..

StreakDroid FTW

« Dell Streak Accessories for sale | Yet another date - AT&T update now due 1st Feb »