Dell Streak Forum for discussion on Dells 5'' android tablet, the Dell Streak

(#11) Old
Default 12-18-2010, 02:48 AM

Originally Posted by TheFameCartel View Post
Here is a new that does work if you still need it. Update

---------- Post added at 04:44 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:42 PM ----------

Here is a working link from Dell that is for the US Update
Anyone tried the download/install link that's on a locked AT&T device? Downloading it now on my less than 24 hour old Streak I snagged from bestbuy that's still running stock 1.6. I've tried to hack it and have had no luck with trying to go with ROM's I've found on the net to get to 2.1 then to 2.2. Would hate to wait for AT&T to finally do the OTA stuff. Eventhough I've heard Jan 12th......I am sure that won't happen.

Or has anyone DLed the pkg the changed the name to Update.pkg booted in fastmode and tried to update using this pkg that way? Would that work?

---------- Post added at 09:48 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:35 PM ----------

hmmmmmmmmm Afraid to try it but the DL worked. Say's an update is available. However I am sure there is going to be another baseband check.

So back to my orginal thought ^if this doesn't work. Of just putting it in fastboot mode and updating it via Update.pkg if I rename it......hmmm
  (#12) Old
Default Dell-Streak update - 12-19-2010, 03:29 AM

Hi Folks,
I was recently informed that the O2 OTA update for Froyo would be available starting today. I had a customer looking for it, but no luck as of a few hours ago. So I provided him with a manual link for O2 customers. The link appears to be working, if you don't want to wait for the OTA update. Here you go:

Streak Froyo OTA Update for O2 Customers - Mobile Devices Forum - Mobile Devices - Dell Community
  (#13) Old
Default 12-21-2010, 09:14 AM

I've just installed it, and it's working OK. I backed up my contacts etc. but can't see how to restore them. I can't get Swype working, which is irritating.

2.2, android, dell, froyo, streak

« baseband change | Left Charger at girlfirend's. AARGH! »