Dell Streak Forum for discussion on Dells 5'' android tablet, the Dell Streak

(#1) Old
Default unlocking the dell streak - 11-19-2010, 11:04 AM

A quick question to anyone who may have an answer. When I purchased my dell streak directly from dell for $549.00 I was under the impression that it was an unlocked device which I find it's still locked into the AT&T syndrome. I read on line that the 2.2 froyo upgrade is being released to the UNLOCKED versions of the dell streak and later in december for those whos device is at&t locked. My question is if I go to this on-line advertised company called UNLOCK ALL CELLULAR.COM and have my device unlocked which I'd prefer anyways, will I then be able to get in on this early 2.2 froyo upgrade that dell's advertising for unlocked versions of the dell streak or shall I just leave my device as it is and just simply wait this upgrade time out. Thanks for your response to me.
  (#2) Old
Default 11-19-2010, 11:14 AM

If the phone was sold to you as unlocked I think you should contact Dell and get them to sort it out.
The chances of a simple unlock bumping you up the schedules are remote. I'd save my money and wait the few more weeks for the OTA upgrade.

It may also be worth your while speaking to AT&T for an unlock code ( I assume that only AT&T sim cards work in your streak)

« Would you by a Dell Mobile again? | My Dell Stage Widget Impressions »