Dell Streak Forum for discussion on Dells 5'' android tablet, the Dell Streak

(#1) Old
Default Emulator question - 11-13-2010, 08:34 AM

Anyone know of any emulators which can run simple pc (like winxp) programs I have a remote Rdisp program I would like to run for controlling some machines at work - the streak would be an awsome tool if there is? any help is appreciated...
  (#2) Old
Default 11-13-2010, 10:45 PM

It is very, very difficult to have an x86 emulator on an ARM device (might be some ridiculously esoteric thing I don't know about, but it there was one I would assume we would all know of it), and even harder to get Windows of any sort to run on it.

The best option for using Windows programs on the Streak is to get either a VNC or RDP client, then remote control a PC with the program(s) you need on it.

Dell Mini 10v | Product (RED) | Ubuntu 10.10 Netbook Remix | 8GB Samsung MLC SSD | 1510 Wireless a/b/g/n Mini-Card | 6 Cell Battery | 1024x600 | UK Keyboard
Dell Streak | Black | Android 2.2 DJSteve 1.4.6 | 16GB Standard MicroSDHC | GiffGaff
  (#3) Old
Default 11-15-2010, 01:32 PM

best bet is to just run a simple pc linked up to them with a VNC server running. then use droidvnc to connect and control it!

« camera | camera only saves one picture in sports mode? »