Dell Streak Forum for discussion on Dells 5'' android tablet, the Dell Streak

(#1) Old
Angry HELP! Can't install new apps! - 10-19-2010, 06:41 PM

I've been get "unsuccessful install" messages when I try to download a new program from the app store. I try using appbrain and the "market" applications to download. I have a new streak on ATT purchased from Dell. It worked fine for two weeks.

I'm on 1.6. I am now into almost a week without being able to download new apps. I tried: Restoring the Streak to a week earlier when I thought the app market worked; I uninstalled apps I didn't use that I installed recently; I have over 1gb free in internal memory; I cleared the cache in the appbrain and market apps. I tried everything mentioned in other forums by people with the same problem.

Today I may enter Dell Hell and try to call tech support. Any other ideas? I really don't want to do a factory reset since it will wipe out all my programs. If it doesn't work then I will still not be able to download and have no new programs, although I guess at that point I could do another "restore" to get them back.

I also don't understand why you cant just download the apk program somewhere and drag it to the streak to install it manually.
  (#2) Old
Send a message via Skype™ to Dunhamzzz
Default 10-19-2010, 07:05 PM

Hmm not sure about your problem with the market. But you should be able to install .apk files on your Streak if you can navigate to them using Astro or anything really.

You can also use the Android SDK to install apps, using the ADB shell I think.

Please do not send me support requests via PM.
  (#3) Old
Default This fixed my app Download problem - 10-22-2010, 10:56 AM

Adding my secondary gmail account in Settings > Accounts & Sync (leaving the main one intact) seemed to work fine.

Enable sync for the seconary account (gmail etc) and stop syncing for the first. Market now works without having to resort to factory reset.

See the following forum for Alegis's solution above.

Android Market stuck at Starting Download - Android Market Help

« Confused as to whether to get the streak or not??? | Streak reduced to £399 unlocked from Dell »