Dell Streak Forum for discussion on Dells 5'' android tablet, the Dell Streak

(#1) Old
Thumbs up Got my Streak Today! - 09-29-2010, 11:50 PM

I received my Streak today. I LOVE IT. The only problem I had to start was getting the back cover to stay on. I had read about issues with it so I was concerned after numerous tries and not having it lock on. Finally I got it on. That was after I put in the 32 gb. card I had previously purchased from dell with my Amex points.

I was able to immediately finish the porting of my number with ATT no problem. I have no issues with the keyboard or the speaker. It sounds fine both with and without the included earplugs. I am thrilled with the interface. I don't plan to upgrade to 2.1 until they do it with 2.2. I won't even do that until I read it works and is stable. I haven't put my music on yet, but I did download Audible and put some of my books on.

I got in the car and turned on the google maps and asked it to Navigate. It told me to download a voice to txt program first. I did, and it worked flawlessly. The GPS connected with no problem and was amazingly accurate. Turn by Turn directions were perfect.

I checked out Youtube. Looks great. The web browser is fantastic. So.... after 3 hours, I'm in heaven. Hope it continues. I am going to download doubletwist to load my music, unless you all have better suggestions.
  (#2) Old
Send a message via Skype™ to Dunhamzzz
Default 09-30-2010, 12:33 AM

Cool! Glad you're happy with it at this early stage!

Trust me, we all had the problems with the back cover, there's a certain knack to it but once it's on properly it will never come off on its own.

Please do not send me support requests via PM.
  (#3) Old
Default 09-30-2010, 07:24 AM

Welcome to the Streak family...I am also stay but with 1.6 it works fine and I have it all customized already...2,2 is by far better for system preformeance....I'll wait as well.
  (#4) Old
Default 09-30-2010, 02:28 PM

I have had my Streak since the middle of August and don't mind version 1.6 at the moment. I especially like the screen and the Kindle and Nook apps. It is quite easy to read and web browse using this device. The back cover of the device is a problem to get used to, small price to pay for a user removable battery!
  (#5) Old
Default 09-30-2010, 04:38 PM

Welcome to the club, I am sure you will find the device a worthy investment, I do constantly.

Once again a proud Streak Owner