Dell Streak Forum for discussion on Dells 5'' android tablet, the Dell Streak

(#21) Old
Default 10-23-2010, 08:09 PM

Originally Posted by sriraam View Post
its my 2nd day using the streak and to my horror found the battery to be completely drained in the morning! I followed the same procedure as day 1. i.e fully charge it and then keep it on standby nxt to me while sleeping. That time a mere 10% of batter was used up but today was a completely different story. Also i noticed after recharging it again the battery has drained out within 7 hours now with very minimum usage a.k.a calls/emails and very limited browsing.

When i checked the battery use option

1. Cell Standby - 38%
2. Phone idle -32%
3. Email-19% and the rest.

In between day 1 and 2 i installed a few apps and add a few more widgets including installation of ADW.launcher in which i hv added a few widgets along with adding some more widgets at the regular home.

Any help is welcome. I want the streak to at least last a day otherwise it becomes really difficult at work.
UPDATE: Uninstalled ADW theme and launcher itself and the battery is lasting much longer... 7 hours down with abt half hour talktime and a few emails and only 15% used up.

Will install ADW launcher again to check if it was the ubuntu theme or the launcher itself which was playing havoc! any of u hv similar experience w ADW?
  (#22) Old
Default 10-23-2010, 08:13 PM

Since i installed android 2.2 which has ADW my battery seems to be lasting twice as long.

Is there a light at the end of the tunnel ...

Or is it just the front of an approaching train!!!

android, battery tips, dell streak

« Streak reduced to £399 unlocked from Dell | Front-Facing Camera Support in 2.2 v1? »