Dell Streak Forum for discussion on Dells 5'' android tablet, the Dell Streak

(#1) Old
Default wifi problems - 08-25-2010, 12:32 PM

Im on my third replacement Dell Streak from O2, and onto my third problem. This time my wifi is very temperamental. Sometimes the phone decides not to connect to wifi and displays the error "unsuccessful." My home wifi has full bars. If I leave it for about 20 mins or so the phone may connect automatically. My previous streaks never had this problem.

Wondering if anyone else has encountered similar difficulties?
  (#2) Old
Default 08-25-2010, 02:59 PM

Yes - mine will register as 'connected - no internet' sometimes - sometimes leaving it fixes it, sometimes I have to turn off and on. I do get /some/ issues with my wifi on my laptop, so thought that might be the problem. Think need to test mine with other routers - mini is about 10 years old or something.
  (#3) Old
Default 08-25-2010, 10:00 PM

I'm onto my third streak but for text related issues. My wireless sometimes vanishes and when u click on it it says connecting and i have to untick then re-tick the box and it'll work again.
  (#4) Old
Default 08-26-2010, 11:23 AM

Restarting doesnt help me. It just seems completely random. Its alo the same with other routers ive tested. This shouldnt be acceptable for a phone that relies heavily on good internet access. I plan to go travelling with this phone so need to be able to make use of those windows of wifi opportunities when they occur!

connection, wifi

« 2.1 problems | Wanting to update? »