Dell Streak Forum for discussion on Dells 5'' android tablet, the Dell Streak

(#1) Old
Default Q: Updating 6601 streak to 2.1 - 08-24-2010, 09:06 PM

Ok so ive searched the forums and couldnt find a definite answer to my one question about updating my att streak to 2.1.
If I end up rooting and updating, will I have to go back to 1.6 when the official update comes out for either 2.1 or 2.2 before updating?
  (#2) Old
Send a message via Skype™ to Dunhamzzz
Default 08-24-2010, 11:50 PM

No-one can be 100% sure at the minute as an official OTA update has not been released yet.

My guess from experience would be is that if you have a *******21 baseband Streak (brought from O2) with the current leaked 2.1 update (which was designed for ********21 Streaks) you will be ok as the current update is part of the update cycle. The only thing is that this will change your baseband to something like *******21-US so the auto-update wont work, or at least won't download the corrrect update for you.

If you did update, you'd probably be ok with the next *21 update as well without having to downgrade (it will have O2 branding) but in order to get back to your proper baseband setting you may have to flash a ROM back to 1.6.

Again we can't be sure, the leaked updates have all acted a bit differently, the first one didn't wipe the device however the 2.1 did!

Please do not send me support requests via PM.
  (#3) Old
Default 08-25-2010, 12:34 AM

Seems like too many ifs to me!! I'm just gonna chill with donut dor now then. Cuz who doesnt like donuts anyway?

Well thanks for the help!

« How Sensitive Should the Side Buttons Be? | Included AT&T SIM card in US Retail Streak »