Dell Streak Forum for discussion on Dells 5'' android tablet, the Dell Streak

(#1) Old
Default US unlock code from AT&T - 08-24-2010, 08:18 PM

As of Today 08/24/2010, AT&T has not received the unlock codes. There is no ETA on when they will receive the codes to unlock the US version of the phones. Now I have read online that O2 the UK carrier stated that they will unlock the streak after 12 months of the initial release. That will be 06/04/2011. My assumption is that AT&T will be able to unlock the phones in 12 months. This may not happen since we dont know what type of contract they signed. The reason for the 12 month period is that is when the cost of subsidizing the phone will be covered by the 2 year phone contract. The unlock codes for the consumers that paid the full price for the phone may come sooner since the phone was never subsidized. I would also like to note that the US version of has changed. It used to show

$549.99 without activation.
As low as $299.99 with 2-year AT&T contract activation. For use on AT&T network only.

and now shows

As low as $299.99 with 2-year AT&T contract activation.
$549.99 without activation.For use on AT&T network only.

If you are not satisfied with this information or choose not to wait, make sure you call Dell. They have adjusted their return policy and waived the restocking fee. This is not official and I dont know how long it will last. It is what I have been told by many consumers who have attempted to return the phone.
  (#2) Old
Default 08-25-2010, 12:55 AM

Both those price statements are true and have been true since launch. I don't see any new information here.

« Included AT&T SIM card in US Retail Streak | Which screen protector? »