Dell Streak Forum for discussion on Dells 5'' android tablet, the Dell Streak

(#1) Old
Default What is beyond Streak ? - 08-09-2010, 12:18 PM

Hi members
Despite my periodical grumbles, the decision to buy Streak came from me and me alone. So I am standing by my Streak, and I think most of it malfunctions are relate to Dell’s lack of care and attention to its end-users rather than the actual device.

Practically, I have given up on Dell, their promises, so whether an upgrade come in September this year or next year – does not mean much to me any more.

What I am more interested in now is, type of mobile (with phone facility) devices may going to be on the market by December 2011 – that’s when my contract ends.

Any science fiction writers here ??
  (#2) Old
Default 08-09-2010, 12:40 PM

(#3) Old
Default 08-09-2010, 01:26 PM

Not exactly science fiction, but Engadget leaked the entire Dell mobile device/netbook roadmap a few months ago. They are going for mostly Android, but there will be Windows Phone devices as well, and they look fantastic. There could also be a kind of netbook where the display can rotate inside the frame, and IIRC it may run Android or another Linux distribution.

Dell Mini 10v | Product (RED) | Ubuntu 10.10 Netbook Remix | 8GB Samsung MLC SSD | 1510 Wireless a/b/g/n Mini-Card | 6 Cell Battery | 1024x600 | UK Keyboard
Dell Streak | Black | Android 2.2 DJSteve 1.4.6 | 16GB Standard MicroSDHC | GiffGaff
  (#4) Old
Send a message via Skype™ to Dunhamzzz
Default 08-09-2010, 01:39 PM

The upcoming Dell netbooks look very exciting, especially since the 1012 was nothing spectacular.

Please do not send me support requests via PM.
  (#5) Old
Default 08-09-2010, 01:50 PM

Guys, the problem is thosse devices got the "D" word -
I think Dell let down all of us in a big way – specially our friends who are on the other side of the salty pond
  (#6) Old
Default 08-09-2010, 02:02 PM

By the end of 2011 we will likely be looking at minimum spec of 4" screen, 1.5 gHz processor, 8mp camera, 32gb storage, and a further evolution of mobile operations systems, likely incorporating not only flash support but html 5....

Another interesting technology on the horizon is haptics... not just simple vibration, but a whole new dimension of physical feed back...

The real potential for evolution will come through linking with other devices... for example, we're already seeing bluetooth and internet enabled TVs, I wouldn't be surprised to see you apps allowing you to control your tv, stream on demand content, play music, browse the web, etc... you can already do some of this in a limited capacity, but there's a lot more to come...

Because the latest gen of 3D tech uses blue tooth glasses, we could see 3D gaming... though the market for mobile gaming will gave to grow before developers take it seriously...

Contactless payment technology in existing credit cards could make it's way to mobiles, allowing quick, cardless payments... just don't lose your phone! Lol

There is a lot more to come, we're only at the start of the smartphone revolution.
  (#7) Old
Default 08-09-2010, 02:14 PM

Purple Zebra, this is what I was looking for, sounds exciting, very exciting. I also got an added advantage – my contract ending on December, so practically I get 1 month early upgrade – close to Xmas – and that’s the time most manufactures come out of the wood with some shiny devices.

« Red Dell Streak now available with 32GB MicroSD for £80 | Get the Homedock or Car Kit for free with Streak! Hurry before it gets fixed »