Dell Streak Forum for discussion on Dells 5'' android tablet, the Dell Streak

(#11) Old
Default 07-29-2010, 01:55 PM

Originally Posted by Leon View Post
That's my view, as well.
Same here and I don't even own one yet! I've already "sold" the Streak to a friend in a common situation:

*Currently an AT&T customer
*Contract is coming due
*Wants a new phone
*Wants a multimedia navigation system for her car

This product meets all that criteria.
  (#12) Old
Default 08-03-2010, 06:05 PM

Originally Posted by Wraithe View Post
Ingie I dont want to cause offence but from looking at your posts all you have done is complain about the device. While I'm aware it has got a few teething problems, I never resell phones as it is and secondly the OS is being updated by Dell soon. So bar a few QC issues which need ironing out it is arguably one of the best phones on the market at the moment in my opinion.
do you or have you actually owned the phone?
  (#13) Old
Default 08-03-2010, 10:37 PM

After almost two weeks I am still loving it every now and then something minor pops up that annoys me but after fiddling for 5-10 minutes I either find a replacement/fix via market place or forget about as I get distracted by something awesome I have discovered or just generally using the device

Streak definitely FTW!
  (#14) Old
Default 08-04-2010, 11:21 PM

Originally Posted by ingie79 View Post
dont do it. as mentioned already here, its a device hampered by the os. also, if your looking for resale value, forget it since the recycling companies wont touch it as it can be fully unlocked from O2
Utter rubbish and FUD. Everyone knows Dell are committed to an OS upgrade. And plenty of recycling and exchange shops already take the Streak (e.g. £195 cash / £243 exchange at CeX).
  (#15) Old
Default 08-05-2010, 12:34 AM

The streak is my first android device which i have on a data only plan. My primary phone is a blackberry. So far I am very impressed and have had no major problems. The freedom of OS amazed me compared to RIMs offering and this was one of the main reasons i chose the streak over an apple product. My laptop now stays at home and I would highly recommend the streak. The people who seem to be disappointed perhaps do not do enough research.

« Carphone Warehouse folio case | Streak Kernel »