Dell Streak Forum for discussion on Dells 5'' android tablet, the Dell Streak

(#1) Old
Default I got it! - 07-16-2010, 03:13 PM

And the bag to prove it! No seriously, the O2 carrier bag says, "I got it!" which I thought was very appropriate, given the smile on my face

Yes, today I braved town centre parking charged to go and pick up my Streak from the local O2 shop. It was pretty painless (nothing to pay upfront and £5 less than my last tariff a month) although took way too long to do all the paperwork. I was itching to get my baby home and start playing!

I've been fiddling with Android on my HTC Touch Pro 2 for a month or so but otherwise am an Android virgin, so to speak. I've been putting up with Windows Mobile for longer than I can remember and am not sorry to see the back of it.

First impressions? Other than the fact it is just a beautiful device when turned off, I can't believe how much quicker it is than WinMo and those 5" of screen are just amazing. The keyboard takes a bit of getting used to but I have a bluetooth one on order for when I need it.

Everything just seems to work effortlessly (once I managed to type in my stupidly long passwords correctly...) and thanks to App Brain I can easily install the software I liked using on the TP2 without having to find it all again.

I know I ought to be working but it's too tempting just sitting there. I have to keep touching it!

Just one newbie question (so far): how do you get caps lock to stay on? I've tried double press, long press, but it only does one letter at a time...

Thanks for listening

From a rather overexcited new Streak owner
  (#2) Old
Default 07-16-2010, 03:19 PM

Caps button should keep CAPS on, Shift does the one time CAP and Alt does the Icons
  (#3) Old
Default 07-16-2010, 04:18 PM

(hides in the corner, ashamed!)

« Ex Nokia Fanboy | Hello »