Dell Streak Forum for discussion on Dells 5'' android tablet, the Dell Streak

(#11) Old
Default 07-20-2010, 07:29 PM

Originally Posted by Purple Zebra View Post
I've been running it on wi-fi only today with 3g turned off. It's gone from a full charge to 30% in 5 and a half hours! which is a lot faster than usual.

Checked the battery usage in settings.

Cell standby 24%
Wi-fi 20%
phone idle 18%
Display 7%

These are all pretty much as expected... however top of the list was...

Media 28%....?! That's normally about 2%... i've not even used anything that I would think of as media today! Just a couple of web pages and tweetcaster. Since I have only recently started using tweet caster instread of twidroid, I can only assume it's that! Why is it under media though?

I might try a different battery usage app to see if they are more specific and see if that is indeed what's causing it. Something is not right there!
Try letting fring run riot and see what that does to your battery, truely frightening.
  (#12) Old
Default 07-20-2010, 08:47 PM

Funnily enough, Fring was one of the apps I uninstalled that was running needlessly, so that's obviously helped too.

The reason I think it was tweetcaster though is I'd had fring installed for a while and I only started using tweetcaster the day that I had the problem. It's the only thing I'd changed that day and the drain on power was pretty dramatic.

That's one of the reasons I wanted a battery app that gives specific power consumption for each app. I installed the spare parts app listed above, which is good, but only lists the time the app has spent running rather than how much power it has used in that time.
  (#13) Old
Send a message via Skype™ to Dunhamzzz
Default 07-20-2010, 09:19 PM

Watch out for some of the clock widgets too, check the comments to see if people report battery drain

Please do not send me support requests via PM.

3g data, battery, dell streak, wifi

« Camera settings for the streak | 19th goes by same as it ever was !! »