Dell Streak Forum for discussion on Dells 5'' android tablet, the Dell Streak

(#1) Old
Angry Music Player Playlists - 06-13-2010, 12:56 AM

I got my dell streak the other day and am loving it appart from one tiny problem.

I've got around 10gb of music onto the memory card and that works ok when i look at artists and albums it displays the album art and the artist picture and stuff without any problems. (A small amount of tearing appears in the middle of the screen when i scroll with speed through the headings and some of the artist information seems to have vanished between my computer and the device which didn't happen on my other android device but i can live with that.) The problem comes when I want to select a premade playlist on the device it goes to a black screen for a good minuet or two and then if i'm lucky displays the playlists but when i scroll down the lists it stops to think about it everytime a new title is about to pop up and then resumes the scrolling it takes around 30seconds for each one and its begining to get rather anoying.
Is anyone else having this problem?
Anyone got any idea on how to fix it cos i'm getting a wee bit anoyed at it and i quite like the rest of the music player.

Thanks in advance

(#2) Old
Send a message via Skype™ to Dunhamzzz
Default 06-13-2010, 01:44 AM

Hi, welcome to the forum

This could be for a number of things, possibly because you have a lot of apps running in the background which is slowing things down. Maybe try after a reboot to see if that's the case?

There are also task-killer apps which allow you see see whats running and you can close it there and then... the one I use is called "task manager" search for it in the app market.

Another thing to try maybe is using a different music player, common opinion is that the music player with 1.6 is a bit poor anyway. I'm not sure of any myself - you should have a look through the "multimedia" category of the market place. I noticed RealPlayer have one which looks promising.

Thirdly, these things may get fixed with the 2.2 Android update, as apparently things run 400% faster and the music player has had a revamp itself.

Hope this helps.

Please do not send me support requests via PM.

« streak: multiple sms contact? | Streak: Is there a "silent" mode »