Dell Streak Support Forum for Dell Streak owners to get help and support for their Streak.

(#1) Old
Default Dell Streak touch screen freeze - 07-25-2011, 08:35 AM

I have always encountered the problem with my Dell Streak that when there is a miss call or alert and I do not know, the screen will keep turned on and no reaction to the touch screen. The three buttons at the bottom can be used but since the screen has no reaction so I acannot make any command at all. I tried to turn off the phone but there is no response when i touch the power off message on the screen. I can only take off the battery and restart the phone again.
Please help.
Many thanks
  (#2) Old
Red face Dell Streak touch screen freeze - 07-25-2011, 09:59 AM

I can't suggest what the problem is, but I suggest you and everyone else should download the "Fast Reboot" app. mentioned in Apps.

At least you are unlikely to have to remove the battery, as the app. clears the phone processes in an instant.

One of the best apps on the Market, and free.
  (#3) Old
Default 07-25-2011, 04:47 PM

@OP: did you upgrade the ROM over the air? If you did, try downloading the update.pkg from your PC, then copy the file from the PC to your MicroSD and flash it. There have been issues with the OTA update.
  (#4) Old
Default 07-26-2011, 03:02 AM

Thanks for your sugesstion.
But the problem is since my phone has no reaction to the touchscreen so that means I cannot turn on the fast reboot system. I have no other choice but to take off the battery to reboot the Streak.

« USB Storage 'not available' | Dell streak disadvantage: Android 2.2 (Froyo) and Android 2.3 (Gingerbread). »