Dell Streak Support Forum for Dell Streak owners to get help and support for their Streak.

(#1) Old
Default Dell Streak answers every call unprompted - 05-10-2011, 07:46 AM

I am in the UK with an unlocked Dell Streak bought SIM free direct from Dell in November 2010, then on Android 2.1 but since updated via Dell official update to Android 2.2 on the 'Three' network.

The device answers every incoming call after one ring without any intervention whatsoever!

The device is not in a case (I have already discovered problems with a case affecting the proximity sensor) but just laying face up on a flat surface away from any other object. I dial the Dell Streak number from a different phone and after one ring the Dell Streak answers the call and the call timer begins counting. There do not appear to be any settings that may affect this.

Anyone got any experience/ideas?
  (#2) Old
Red face Dell Streak Answers Every Call Unprompted - 05-10-2011, 11:10 PM

Yes, there is a setting which enables the phone to automatically answer calls. I have mine set to it, because if the phone is in a case or bag, by the time you get it out, the caller would give up.

Originally I kept the phone in it's soft cover. With the auto setting, you can talk through the bag.

But now I have head phones permanently connected and use a hard case, using the phone as a tablet only.

I am surprised it came already set to "Auto"!

I can't remember exactly where in Settings, - but obviously it would be "Phone Settings", in the main "Settings".

« Dell Streak Help, Like No One's Business | Message Icon in Notification Bar »