Dell Streak Support Forum for Dell Streak owners to get help and support for their Streak.

(#1) Old
Default Dell Streak Help, Like No One's Business - 05-08-2011, 07:13 PM

Ok, so this is the problem. I downloaded the Froyo/OTA whatever we're calling it 2.2 update for the Dell Streak. I don't have anything fancy on the phone, but I do have a data plan, I have data enabled, I have Wifi turned on- but here's the run. Ever since downloading the system update, even if my Wifi is on, my phone won't connect to a browser or the Market. Secondly, I am unable to download pictures I get through text messages. I hit the "Download" tab and NOTHING happens. Need someone to please advise me on what's wrong, and what I can do to fix this.
  (#2) Old
Red face Dell Streak Help, Like No One's Business - 05-09-2011, 07:40 AM

What was the operating system you had, - I presume 1.6? It seems that the Market eventually discontinued support on 1.6, so I read in message on the Forum.

The up date to 2.2 was announced quite a while ago. So how could you have suddenly got a message to update to 2.2 ???

Are you sure you are not referring to the Froyo variant 2.2.2 which is the one everyone had an announcement about within the last few weeks?

Go to "Settings"/About Phone. See what version it is suggesting is now installed.

There had been a similar problem with at least one member ......

No marketplace 2

And I think he resolved that by returning the phone.

I checked the Android Market to see if there was a Market app. there, you could sent to your phone via 3G, but surprisingly, there isn't one apparent.

But there is at least "AppBrain" which should do much the same, as it has access to the Market apps.

* With regards to 2.2.2 which is causing many problems, you will find information about it in the "Dell Streak" forum on this site.

« Backlight gone in 2.2.2 | Dell Streak answers every call unprompted »