Dell Streak Support Forum for Dell Streak owners to get help and support for their Streak.

(#1) Old
Default why can't I send a video - 04-19-2011, 09:23 AM

I'm trying to send a video to a relative and after taking the video and tap share it say something in reference to not enough space when in fact I do have a 16gb sd card with just 2gb used and no more on the phone itself that what the phone came with. Am I going about tis all wrong??? I am new to all this. Thanks much for your help
  (#2) Old
Default 04-19-2011, 07:33 PM

The videos you can send, via Gmail or MMS have to be ridiculously tiny, or they won't send. The only, real way, to ensure you can send it, is when taking the video, set it to the MMS setting, this will cut the time and quality down to the required spec for sending. Larger files just won't work, thus I would recommend getting a youtube account, and using the inbuilt upload tool to share, if it's longer than this.

EDIT: Might also wanna try bluetooth, get the Bluetooth file transfer app off the market, it's free, and useful.

Once again a proud Streak Owner
Powered by FroYo (official)
Locked to O2 - Curses!
  (#3) Old
Thumbs up Why Can't I Send a Video? & Dropbox App. - 04-23-2011, 03:09 AM

Perhaps Dropbox might be a solution to allowing access by friends ...

Dropbox lets you bring all your photos, docs, and videos anywhere.Dropbox is a free service that lets you bring all your photos, docs, and videos anywhere. After you install Dropbox on your computer, any file you save to your Dropbox will automatically save to all your computers, your Android device, and even the Dropbox website! With the Dropbox app, you can take everything that matters to you on the go.
Read your docs or flip through your albums when you're out and about. Save photos or videos to your Dropbox and share them with friends in just a couple taps. Even if you accidentally leave your Android in a taxi, your stuff is always safe on Dropbox.
Always have your stuff with you, no matter where you are.
Save photos and videos to your Dropbox.
Share your photos and docs with family and friends.
Save email attachments straight to your Dropbox.
Easily edit docs in your Dropbox.

Seems to be a useful app. to have.

« Dell Streak 5: Email Question | How to switch between two applications? »