Dell Streak Support Forum for Dell Streak owners to get help and support for their Streak.

(#1) Old
Default too many page redirects - 04-06-2011, 10:02 AM

Hello roomies, I hope someone here can please help me out on this issue. I just purchased my second dell streak which this second one is the cherry red one, my problem is when I try typing in MSN.COM I get page unavailable, and when I try going to a few other sites all I get is this page has too many redirects. Even when I tried downloading angry birds, it goes through the downloading then says unsucessful and when I tap to see whats the problem, I get this box saying something about data connection-unknown-8. Now when I go to the first dell streak,(the carbon black one), I have no problems whatsoever obtaining or downloading anything at all. Calling dell's customer service is a steven spielberg's horror scene. I called, spoke with 7 different people and got 7 different answers, now thats after being on the phone over 10 minutes waiting to get something with a pulse. This red dell streak was ordered directly from dell here in the U.S. and it did come with the 2.2 upgrade. So does anyone here happen to know if theres some type of work around that I can deal with to rectify this problem. Dell said they removed the cherry red one now from their site because of software glitches. They want to replace my red one with the carbon black but I really like the unusual cherry red and would like to keep it if possible. If any of you here feel theres nothing can be done for this device then I'll return it. Outside of what I described, everything else works just fine on the device. Thanks much for any advice or help.
  (#2) Old
Default 04-09-2011, 11:18 AM

The first 2.2 update had a few issues (such as that redirect thing). If I recall correctly there was another update a couple of weeks later which fixed it.

« unlock screen | DELL Streak Video Quality (What are your settings0 »