Dell Streak Support Forum for Dell Streak owners to get help and support for their Streak.

(#1) Old
Default I'm new but I have a serious question ... - 03-02-2011, 04:53 PM

I'm delighted with my Dell Streak 5 and I've owned it since the New Year.

I was introduced to a souped-up version over last weekend and I'm watching and learning. I expect to have my device 'done' in the near future.

My first question opens the subject just a little wider.

I am, and have been, a photographer for the past 60 years ... but I am getting past the time I wish to cart a whole load of gear around with me all the time.

Is there a way to raise the capacity of the main rear facing camera to, say, 12 Mpx, so as to getter rather more out of it than at present. Even by out of camera processing.

I'll even consider exchanging the whole camera in the device lock-stock-and-barrel if a replacement can be found !

Last edited by millgate; 03-02-2011 at 04:54 PM. Reason: typo
  (#2) Old
Default 03-02-2011, 06:24 PM

Not really. You need very steady hands with the streak camera, and the results are never going to be as good as a professional camera, or even a point-and-shoot. The best you can do is bump up the resolution to the maximum, but I'm sure you've already done that.
  (#3) Old
Default 03-03-2011, 03:52 PM

You can't increase the resolution of the camera inside the phone without changing the sensor and related hardware. Thats why we keep buying bigger, better, faster... every few years. LoL

I stopped carrying my big camera around years ago, a good P&S is small, versatile, and takes some pretty good danged pics in the right hands. My grandson is quite good now, a natural.
  (#4) Old
Default 03-03-2011, 03:59 PM

I've found it's very easy to put you finger on the camera lens which leaves all sorts of muck on the lens.

Make sure you give it a gentle wipe with a soft cloth before taking pictures.

« AT&T Streak, no 3G after updating to 2.2 | WIFI endless Loop »