Dell Streak Support Forum for Dell Streak owners to get help and support for their Streak.

(#1) Old
Question Dowloading Comic Books - 02-19-2011, 11:59 PM

I downloaded an acclaimed comic viewer app. to my Streak.

And, I have been able to download some comics which end up as PDF files.

I discovered the Streak does not appear to accept PDF files directly, so I converted these to JPEG.

However, they are then returned (using an on line converter) as a ZIP file.

I hardly think the Streak would accept that!

If I unzip the file, it seemed there were lots of little subfiles?

So, how can one download comics into the Streak? What would be the codec it would accept? Obviously a comic book is not a very large file.

The comic viewer app. looks in "Gallery" for the contents, expecting that the user will be able to select the file from there. It displays all of the various file types in "Gallery".

Other android users have had great success with their phones and this app.

I suspect the app. might be good with e-magazines too, though it doesn't mention it.
  (#2) Old
Default 02-20-2011, 01:20 AM

You can read PDF files with QuickOffice.
  (#3) Old
Thumbs up Downloading Comics - 02-21-2011, 10:08 AM

Thank you for your reply.

But I wonder where the PDF file went when I downloaded it? Oh well!

Ah, but why didn't I see it before, at the top of the Android Market site, is a very large colorful banner advert for Comixia (as I recall).

It is a comic book viewer and comic book seller app. So, I ditched the other app and downloaded this free one.

There is a good range of comics to buy, at what I feel are ridiculously cheap prices, e.g. 99 cents, a lot for $1.99 and up to $2.99. There are few printed comics available in Australia, and they cost about $6 each.

And some of the comics like "Archie" date back to the 60s. Got to have one!

Well, I would, but others have indicated, the Paypal feature just doesn't connect. I await a reply from Paypal in the next 72 hours.

But wait, there's more comics in full, or previews of others you could buy....if Paypal worked.

Anyhow, you can download the free comics and free previews right now.

Try this excellent viewer and some comics out, to see if you might like to revert back to your tender young years.

Batman, Superman, Spiderman, - they all await you.

So, no need now to convert anything to something else!
  (#4) Old
Default 02-25-2011, 07:12 AM

Ive been using Droid Comic Viewer (found in the market place). It can read .cbr and .cbz formats. You can usually find those files via open torrent sites/search engines or by using DC++. Once you find whatever .cbr/.cbz files you want to read, you can just place them in any folder on your microsd card and search for them in the app.

Alpine White Mini 9, 2Gb ram, 64Gb Runcore SSD, 1.3MP cam, internal BT module, Dualboot Win7/OSX 10.5.8

Unlocked Streak, Streakdroid v.1.9.0

XPS M1330, 4Gb ram, 320Gb HDD, 128Mb Geforce 8400M GS, Wireless N, internal BT module, Slim and Brite LCD, Windows 7 Ultimate

code, comic viewer, comics

« Need A Replacement Back/Menu/Home Panel - Any Ideas? | Browser error "Page contains too many server redirects" »