Dell Streak Support Forum for Dell Streak owners to get help and support for their Streak.

(#1) Old
Default Data "Freezing" on 3G - 02-10-2011, 04:39 PM

Hey guys,

Before I get to the issue here is the backstory...

I am on the Optus network in Australia, running the fixed (no more "server redirect" messages) official version of 2.2 on a non-rooted Streak.

Baseband = GAUSB1A131800-EU
Build number = 12821

Now to my problem...

When I have H coverage, my data works great. When I have G coverage it's slower (obviously) but it still works fine. However when I have 3G coverage the data stream just freezes.

Not slows down, not comes & goes, just stops cold until the browser gives a "could not find webpage" message. I know it isn't my browser, as it also stops the marketplace, ebay, facebook, touchdown, swarm torrent and any other app that needs a data feed.

The phone still works fine for calls in these areas though.

One final thing, it was working fine before I installed the updated 2.2...before that the webpages (the ones that worked anyway) streamed fine on 3G.

I am completely stumped, and really hope someone here can shed some light on this, because where I live, rolling over in bed (or sometimes just spinning the phone on the spot) is enough to switch back & forth between 3G and H.

It is driving me nuts!!

« Why I cannot choose resolution for camera after upadting to 2.2 | error while searching for network »