Dell Streak Support Forum for Dell Streak owners to get help and support for their Streak.

(#1) Old
Default Bricked/Stuck logo on my son's Christmas present - 12-18-2010, 08:15 AM

I just got my son a black AT&T streak yesterday and being the nerdy/curious dad I am, while getting his present ready, I managed to "freeze/brick it" when going from eclair to froyo. I had my AT&T streak running the O2 2.1 without a hitch and I tried to install DJ Steve's 1.3 froyo (using this method Flashing unofficial Froyo on Dell Streak gets easier )after I had just installed the clockwork recoverymod . After completing the process in clockwork of installing the update zip, my streak rebooted and remained on the dell logo for over a hour. Then I tried doing a factory reset but another 1/2 hour on the logo. I then tried fastbooting the stock recovery image in hopes of being able to access then standard upgrade via sd card and reuse my 2.1 or 1.6 pkgs but when I use that recover image and select install from sd card it just goes to a black screen. If I use fastboot, to try and put clock work back on there I can but it gives me some functionality with an E:MISC error not found. I have no clue where to go from here. I read one forum where someone mentions the QDL tool for a similar problem but he did not provide a link and hasn't gotten back to me. Please help me save Christmas
  (#2) Old
Default 12-18-2010, 10:07 AM

Go to this website for a how to on qdl
Look under guides for the details you need, follow them TO THE LETTER as decision can result in a perm-bricking

Once again a proud Streak Owner