Dell Streak Support Forum for Dell Streak owners to get help and support for their Streak.

(#1) Old
Default Please Help...! Can't get past Dell Logo... - 12-16-2010, 01:13 AM

Hello! I got my streak about a week or two ago, and have become infuriated with 1.6, so I tried to root it in hopes I could then install 2.1 or 2.2, however, things went awry and I could really use some help.

Phone info:
My streak is the US version on AT&T, build 6601, running android 1.6.

I tried to root my streak using this method:

I followed all the instructions, and even ended up with the flashing buttons all the successful rooters reported, however, my phone won't make it past the dell logo when booting. The home and option button begin flashing alternatively very fast, and then the option button illuminates and stays that way. After that it's stuck on the dell logo for a period of time, then shuts off and restarts the process all over again, :/

I tried returning it to its factory settings from the menu you get after holding down the volume buttons, but that didn't change anything.

At this point I'm looking to do nothing more than get it running again. Not really worried about 2.1 or rooting it or anything, just want it working. Of course, if there was a way I could get it running 2.1 or 2.2 AND working, that'd be friggin awesome, but I feel like that may be asking for a bit too much, :P

I know there's a similar issue with O2 users who tried to update to 2.1, but I'm on AT&T and I don't think that fix will work on my Streak. I will try it later, but I don't have the means to do so at the moment.

I'm a rookie at this stuff, so I may not know all the lingo, but if you guys have any suggestions or solutions please let me know, It'd be greatly appreciated.

Thank you!
  (#2) Old
Default 12-16-2010, 06:15 AM

Delawaredrew over on the Pocketables forums suggested I follow this guide: Guides | Streakdroid AND IT WORKED!

My streak isn't just working, it's running on 2.2 now as well!!!
  (#3) Old
Default 12-16-2010, 12:38 PM

Good result for you, and thanks for sharing your solution too.

dell logo, root, rooting

« awkward to answer a phone call | Help!@# How to install cockwork »