Dell Streak Support Forum for Dell Streak owners to get help and support for their Streak.

(#1) Old
Default USB Device is Not Recognized - 12-12-2010, 04:32 AM

Today my battery was getting low so I tried charging it. The was no lightning bolt in the battery bar like I usually see, so I tried different wall outlets. Still nothing.

I thought it might be the cable or the slot in the phone where you plug the cable in. I thought it might be that slot because it's always been kind of hard to get the cable in just right. Sometimes when I pull it out the little black thing in the middle of the metal part that plugs into the phone comes out. It's always worked before though, so I thought maybe some of the little pins had got damaged trying to plug the cable into it. For such and advnaced phone it seems like kind of an outdated way to charge it.

Anyway, to find out if the cable or that slot had gone bad I tried plugging it into a USB port on my laptop. A message popped up saying that a USB Device is Not Recognized. I tried downloading Dell PC Suite and installing a driver, but after I installed both I ran Dell PC Suite and it said my phone was disconnected. My laptop can see that something is plugged in to the USB port, but it doesn't recognize what it is.

Eventually after trying suggestions for other people I had seen on message boards, the battery ran out and the phone turned off. I unplugged it from the USB port and then plugged it back in. The back, menu, and settings on the right side of the phone lit up white. I unplugged it and plugged it into a wall socket. The same thing happened; lit up white. So I know the phone is somehow getting power, but it remains to be seen if it will actually charge. In the meantime my laptop doesn't recognize it so I'm not sure how I'm ever going to be able to transfer music to it from my laptop. Any suggestions on how to install a driver that works? I'm not really worried about syncing, more worried about being able to add files to the SD card.

It's running 1.6 still.

My laptop is:

HP G60 Notebook PC
64 bit
Windows 7 Home Premium
  (#2) Old
Default 12-13-2010, 11:13 AM

Wait a few hours for the battery to charge fully, then remove and reinsert the battery.
Turn the streak on to see if the battery has fully charged.
If it has reboot your PC and then plug the streak in to a USB socket, make sure you have the latest drivers installed, It should connect.

If nothing happens find someone else with a streak and ask to use their cable or find a shop that might have one available.

Next remove the SD card and perform a factory reset.

If all the above fail, you have an Ex streak that will need to be repaired, hopefully under warranty, bloody expensive otherwise.
  (#3) Old
Default 12-14-2010, 03:16 PM

Also, when you plug the streak into your pc, touch the middle top bar of the streak and select "Mount".

« speaker sound | How can I forward incoming message to other contacts? »