Dell Streak Support Forum for Dell Streak owners to get help and support for their Streak.

(#1) Old
Default PC Suite can't see Streak - 10-17-2010, 09:47 PM

I would be extremely appreciative if anybody could help me with the following:

Brand-new Streak. not updated, running 1.6.
Connected to my PC (XP x64 bit).
I can see and open the "Hard disk" SC card as I should, no problem.
I have installed Dell PC Suite however it constantly says "Disconnected". I cannot access any wizards or find any way of inducing connection.
I have researched and see that what I've installed is PC Suite version A01, and I fear that what I need for Android v 1.6 is PC Suite version A00, however extensive (and increasingly frustrating!) search online reveals that every download is now vA01, and that vA00 is non-existant.

If anyone can offer any advice or help I would be most grateful.
  (#2) Old
Default 10-18-2010, 11:54 AM

Did you install the version of PC suite that came on the SD card? My thought would be that it should be the version needed to use with 1.6.

What specifically do you want to use PC suite for? I don't use outlook so couldn't find a reason to bother installing it. I can do all file transfers wirelessly using ES file explorer after I set up a wireless network, and prior to that I was using a bluetooth dongle instead. I've found the wireless speeds to be plenty fast enough and very reliable.
  (#3) Old
Default 10-18-2010, 09:14 PM

Many thanks. I initially had troubles with the data on the SD card and eventually today started again with a brand-new unit! So I know I now have the correct version of PC Suite, however it still does not see the Streak. Under Device Manager the Streak is recognised but flagged as needing a driver. So it's definitely a driver issue.

« Streak shuts down and website problems. | What do I do with WMV files to watch on the Steak? »