Dell Streak Support Forum for Dell Streak owners to get help and support for their Streak.

(#1) Old
Default unlocking the screen - 10-04-2010, 07:13 PM

Is any one facing difficulties on unlocking the screen at times. Its happening to me recently.

I try to slide the bar to unock but it doesnt move. The sound bar moves but slightly.

This is pissing me off since i would have to wait 3 - 5mins until it get its.
  (#2) Old
Default 10-05-2010, 03:32 PM

mine is the same, the calibration on mine is screwed since the 2.1 update, and yes i've recalibrated it loads of times, now its started putting random smiley faces in the middle of my text messages too
  (#3) Old
Default 10-05-2010, 08:05 PM

(#4) Old
Default 10-07-2010, 05:27 PM

I've only noticed an appreciable difference so far with the popup menu (e.g. adding widgets or app/folder icons to desktop), but it certainly does the trick for that. I'll have to have more of a play and see how the rest of the performance and battery life holds up.

If it has been doing software rendering through the VM and CPU unnecessarily, it may well be the cause of my device feeling warmer than normal since the update and why battery life has gone down.

Edit: So far so good with performance boost, I can 'feel' it in the UI in a number of places; but it doesn't extend to (for example) video playback so probably UI related stuff only, though I do seem to have reclaimed a large amount of memory? I'd been suckerpunched down to about 120MB lately but now it's showing an easy 230-247MB free. Note that I only changed the debug.sf.hw parameter of build.prop and none of the other suggestions. Keyboard input also seems a lot more responsive, I can type out at a fairly quick speed and it seems like the keyboard is doing a good job of keeping up with me (aside from my clumsy mis-keys), whereas before it would feel more sluggish and drop keys I was sure I had pressed.
  (#5) Old
Default 10-08-2010, 04:36 AM

Battery life is much improved, I can let it idle with wifi on again overnight starting with a full charge, connected to my IM client, and without using anything that turns wifi off periodically - 9 hours later and it was still over 50% battery remaining.

Probably the best 'tweak' (fix) for the O2 2.1 release there is.

« 1.6 Keyboard | Streak Turning off at the slightest impact »