Dell Streak Support Forum for Dell Streak owners to get help and support for their Streak.

(#1) Old
Default Dell Streak doesn't know own number - 09-30-2010, 06:06 PM

Anyone know why the Dell STreak doesn't know its own number, and how, if possible, to fix it, want to use a PTT app, but it won't run unless it can grab the phones ident/number, and its frustrating..

Once again a proud Streak Owner
Powered by FroYo (official)
Locked to O2 - Curses!
  (#2) Old
Default 10-04-2010, 07:08 PM

Same on mine.... i am guessing its neetwork side
  (#3) Old
Default 10-11-2010, 02:59 PM

I was on the phone to them (O2) and they said that only their pay as you go sims have this number built in so that people can't steal it as it's being delivered to you and use it.

All their contract sims are blank. They just assign it all their end. I have so far been unable to get them to push it out over the air, though I have read other users with T mobile have had the setting corrected on their sim and pushed out over the air.

O2 said it's mainly used over in California, so they don't really do it. Keep at them though! We might get some progress.
  (#4) Old
Default 10-13-2010, 11:57 AM

O2 (and other networks) have rarely put the MSISDN (the phone number) on the SIM card - it is only an optional feature, which is not used by GSM/UMTS in any way. To be honest, MSISDN isn't a good way to authenticate a user - better to use the IMSI or even the IMEI instead. You might have to pester the developer to use a bit more common sense than relying on an optional feature that often isn't present.

« What just happened? | Help with Launcher/Pro »