Dell Streak Support Forum for Dell Streak owners to get help and support for their Streak.

(#11) Old
Send a message via Skype™ to Dunhamzzz
Default 09-21-2010, 02:16 PM

Originally Posted by kibcom View Post
One significant improvement is how quickly the new DELL PC Suite synchronises compared to the previous version. Whereas it took about 20 minutes it now takes 2 at the most.
That could be because it's not backing up! Check the backup details and make sure it's not 0 bytes.

Please do not send me support requests via PM.
  (#12) Old
Default 09-21-2010, 06:23 PM

36999836 bytes.

It's like I said it before; the 0 byte thing is when it doesn't restart your phone properly.

So I install new shiny PCSuite (reboot), plug in my phone, go to backup manager.

Click on backup, and it first creates the 0 byte problem, and you'll notice the attempt for PCSync to restart your phone basically 'times out' (the icon spins and spins, it doesn't shut down, and then it gives up).

At this point, completely shut down your phone, start it back up again. You'll enter your PIN as normal.

Now repeat the attempt to backup again, this time the phone restart window's progress icon doesn't spin round and round, it stops for 30 secs, and then the phone restarts itself without assistance.

When it comes back up again, you aren't required to enter any PIN (you can just slide-unlock if you wish), and then a different notification window pops up on the phone saying that the backup is in progress, and it finishes what it set out to do on the PC side.

New folder is created in my backup location with data in it, the byte count up the top is the amount it reports (on disk though, it's only about 24MB).

When it works, it does only take a couple of minutes.
  (#13) Old
Default 09-21-2010, 10:05 PM

Originally Posted by Dunhamzzz View Post
That could be because it's not backing up! Check the backup details and make sure it's not 0 bytes.

I was talking about synchronisation with Microsoft Outlook Contacts which is tremendously improved and faster.

I just did a backup and it is fine. The size on my PC is 38Mb.

here is the report....

Name: My Dell Streak - 21/09/2010 22:55:42
Date: 21/09/2010 22:55:53
Type: Full backup
Size: 64008178 bytes
Mobile Phone
Mobile Phone IMEI: 354xxxxxxxxxxxx
Mobile Phone Model: Dell Streak
Name: My Dell Streak
First boot
All user data
Backup Status