Dell Streak Support Forum for Dell Streak owners to get help and support for their Streak.
| ||Thread Tools||Display Modes|
Join Date: Jul 2010
09-14-2010, 07:49 AM
For me, 2.1 beta was much better than 1.6.
* I see little use for the front-facing camera anyway (no official skype video-calling client for any version of Android, which is just insane. Fring works with the front camera on 2.1, not that I know anybody with fring).
* Nor do I use WMA files (if I did, I could convert them if needed).
* The dialler is much better,
* The proximity sensor seems better as well,
* The keyboard is different although neither better or worse overall. Using a swype beta keyboard instead now.
* I like the live wallpapers (although since they're just eye-candy that's somewhat irrelevant).
* The phone does seem noticeably faster with 2.1 (although the add widget is slower, but I use that infrequently).
I haven't tried the official 2.1, but it seems pretty much the same so no point going through the hassle of installing it.
Join Date: Jun 2010
09-14-2010, 08:35 AM
Copyright © 2008-2016 MyDellMini.com.