Dell Streak Support Forum for Dell Streak owners to get help and support for their Streak.

(#1) Old
Default Wallpaper Issues - - 09-06-2010, 09:34 AM

so i followed the guide on How to set new wallpaper on Dell Streak without cropping on how to use the wallpapers correctly, so I uploaded a few 800x444 wallpapers from the wallpaper thread and lo and behold, it still asks me to crop the wallpaper but as its written in the guide it wont let me select the whole wallpaper, only the middle bit.

Whats going on? I thought 800x444 is the perfect size for 1.6 without come I can only select the middle to crop? I've got a Red Dell Streak from last week, does it have a different resolution or what? how can I find out the resolution?
  (#2) Old
Default 09-06-2010, 09:57 AM

When you apply the wallpapers, I'm guessing they display stretched?

Have you used an alternate home screen launcher? say panda home?, then decided to go back to the standard home?... I used a couple of alternate launchers, and I found they messed with the wallpapers of the standard home screen and also stopped you setting new wallpapers properly in the way you describe.

My solution as I remember is to either uninstall the alt home screen app you're using and then reboot the phone, at which point you'll be able to set wallpapers normally... or just to forget about the default home screen and keep using the alternate home app.

Another solution would be to install the 2.1 update, as this doesn't have that problem anymore, though you do have to have the same wallpaper for all your home screens, unlike in 1.6 where you can have seperate ones...
  (#3) Old
Default 09-06-2010, 10:30 AM

niiiiiiiiiiiice...thanks man...deleting adw launcher / clearing cache for home fixed the problem...sweet
  (#4) Old
Default 01-09-2011, 07:40 PM the event that i happen to like ADW Launcher and would like to keep it around...(hate dell gaystage).................has anyone managed to get ADW to set home wallpapers correctly?

« Tun.ko | streak »