Dell Streak Support Forum for Dell Streak owners to get help and support for their Streak.

(#1) Old
Default No service - 08-23-2010, 08:23 PM

Had brand new steak unlocked red direct from dell. 3 days vodafone service working ok. Last night it just went off and NO SERIVCE is displayed.

Called dell could not fix. Tried everything. battery out, 3 different sims all working perfectly in other handsets exept the dell.

Can anyone help? Is this becoming a common problem reading in other forums?

I am starting to think I have been sucked into all this streak mania and should have stayed with iphone.

---------- Post added at 09:23 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:22 PM ----------

Spoke to Vodafone and they said no problem their end. Sim and IMEI is not blocked, etc. All is ok with them
  (#2) Old
Default 08-23-2010, 08:57 PM

Probably a duff unit, Dell should replace/fix it without argument.
  (#3) Old
Default 08-24-2010, 08:55 AM

I am also getting that problem. But i am on o2 and it randomly looses signals. I then get the k-9 message with no service on top. This HELL at time.
  (#4) Old
Default 08-25-2010, 03:19 PM

What happens when you try to select network manually ?

If any networks show up then it's not the radio (receiver) but on the other hand if no networks sho then it's a h/w problem...

---------- Post added at 04:19 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:18 PM ----------

list them here ... (Settings -> Wireless Controls -> Mobile Networks -> Network Operators)
  (#5) Old
Default 08-26-2010, 08:06 AM

I get service drop outs a bit. The folks who have upgraded to the leaked 2.1 say that there are less drop outs??? I hope that's the case.
  (#6) Old
Default 08-26-2010, 12:26 PM

Well here's a guide to getting them to deal with it: Consumer Rights: "Give me my money back!"...

I get some drop outs with 02 - but that seems to be cos they have pretty rubbish service where I am. But your's sounds like a defective unit, or similar.

Good luck - as for K9 just change it to not show the error messages. I uninstalled K9, found it rubbish for hotmail - the Nokia/Symbian app from 3 was better than that! At least gave me notice when an email came and allowed me to delete from my phone.
  (#7) Old
Default 08-26-2010, 04:01 PM

I had this behavior on my dell streak with 1.6.
I had changed the APN with "SUPL" option tick.
Now, when I launch Maps or an other applications, I don't lost the network.
But in 2.1, I have an other issue.
Sometimes, My network icon shows me that I lost the network with no signal bar and a cross on top. But I can continue to surfing on the web.
I should to reboot to have a normal behavior...
I think the network driver is buggy...
  (#8) Old
Default 10-05-2010, 05:38 PM

I require help with this, also. I can't do **** with my Streak. If I'm home, it will connect fine, usually, and my Wi-Fi works. I take it out with me, and I can't make calls, search the net, or whatever else. Even now, mind, I have the Wifi turned on, and it has connected to my internet, but there is no phone signal, so I cannot make calls, which is like the above poster. Sometimes Airplane mode will turn itself on also. I never had a problem on 1.6. I haven't contacted o2 yet, because I'd like to see if anything can be done here.

« Freezing Streak | Bluetooth will not turn on :-( »