Dell Streak Support Forum for Dell Streak owners to get help and support for their Streak.

(#1) Old
Default Quick question about screen issues - 08-17-2010, 06:27 PM

Hi all. I didn't find anything relating to this but I'm having some screen issues and I'm wondering if it's relating to Android 1.6. Often times screen presses just don't work or when they do they select something I never pressed. For example, I press on an app on the left side of the screen, and something on the right randomly gets selected.

Another example was after a soft reset, the marketplace app/button repeatedly pressed and I couldn't do anything but reset yet again.

In general, the touch screen just doesn't seem to work most of the time, but after resetting a few times it does. This leads me to believe it's not hardware related, but I can't tell. Anyone experience this at all?
  (#2) Old
Default 08-17-2010, 07:48 PM

I haven't experienced anything like that. Occasionally the screen seems unresponsive, but I get something like that from time to time with my laptop when using the touch-pad.
  (#3) Old
Default 08-17-2010, 08:01 PM

Thanks for the response. Hopefully it was a fluke. And sorry guys for posting in the wrong spot!
  (#4) Old
Default 08-20-2010, 10:11 AM

I recommend you perform a screen calibration. I was having similar issues.

Power off then power on holding the volume up and down. When the menu appears, use volume up and down to select the screen calibration option and then select it with the camera button. Follow the on screen instructions.

It sorted out all my screen problems.

« cannot hear caller after answering phone | My Dell Streak Frooze! »