Dell Streak Support Forum for Dell Streak owners to get help and support for their Streak.

(#1) Old
Question Streak Gaining Time - 08-12-2010, 04:14 PM

Hi all ... got a bit of a strange issue where I'm finding that my Streak won't keep the correct time. The other morning my alarm went off 15 minutes early so the time was wrong, I checked the settings and the time source was set to get the time off the internet so I changed this to get the time from my service provider.

A couple of days later I noticed that the time was wrong again by 10 minutes so I once again changed my settings but to manual but again earlier today the time was wrong.

Anyone any ideas on this or experienced the same thing?

(#2) Old
Default 08-13-2010, 11:42 AM

Mine's been fine. It's set to use a specific internet time server (the same one I've used for my networked PCs and routers at home):

Has kept time fine. I think (but can't remember for sure) I might have had a dodgy time setting once when it was on Mobile Cell Network option, which I thought would be the better one since it would be more connected, but I've had it set to this internet time server for several weeks now and all is well.
  (#3) Old
Default 08-13-2010, 02:44 PM

Mine's gained time on a few occassions now. Normally between 10 & 15 mins. I got frustrated with it and changed between automatically setting the time from the network, internet and manual.

When it last seemed to still do it on manual I changed it back to network.

I'm keeping an eye on it.

(#4) Old
Default 08-13-2010, 06:22 PM

Yeah it's usually 10-15 minutes that my Streak is gaining each time too ... i've changed the time server to as used by topdog so i'll see how it goes over the next couple of days and will report back with any news
  (#5) Old
Default 08-13-2010, 06:53 PM

I had a similiar problem with the google phone. The time of the service provider was off about 10 minutes. So I switch to internet and the time is fine.
  (#6) Old
Default 01-01-2011, 06:18 AM

I get the same problem be it on 1.6 or 2.2 and regardless of time source, I've had it on manual, mobile and internet and it'll gain 15 minutes on each. Am guessing it's an app issue but don't know which.
Any ideas?

« how to transfer game file from pc to DS | Is there a way to turn off the 3G, EDGE, GPRS networks? »