Dell Streak Support Forum for Dell Streak owners to get help and support for their Streak.

(#1) Old
Default "No Service" - 08-07-2010, 09:22 PM

hey everyone,

its been a month that i have my dell streak but now all of sudden i am getting the No service status on top randomly. I loose connections often when i am not supposed to.

can anyone also let me know if they are having this problem and if so how to fix it..

i am also past my 14 day limit and the stupid o2 ppl are saying that its software related.
  (#2) Old
Default 08-08-2010, 02:56 PM

I got the same nonsense from crapfone warehouse. And because Im 2 days over some mandatory limit they have sent the device to be "Repaired".
  (#3) Old
Default 08-08-2010, 05:49 PM

Are you using taskiller at all?
  (#4) Old
Default 08-08-2010, 07:39 PM

I'd like to know if this does get repaired and working, I hit the same thing even when it doesn't look like I'm in conditions that should be experiencing such losses (given the reported antenna strengths).

Can happen to me with a full power-on from shutdown without any task-killer operations (I have ATK installed but it only kills specific apps WHEN I press the button to do so, it does nothing the rest of the time). Even ATK itself isn't running at the time I get these problems, it's not set to auto-start itself, and it's auto-kill setting is completely disabled.

It's a problem that existed even before I got any apps installed on the device, my assumption at the time was that I was just in a cruddy signal area.
  (#5) Old
Default 08-09-2010, 10:54 AM

I have nothing installed that should effect it and no task killer at all. The same sim in another phone shows no such drops in service. I thought it might be down to o2 suffering from pimping too many IPhones and rinsing their network out. Eventually, having seen this and other threads about the issue, I decided to try and get CW to do something about it. The buggers refuse to replace the handset and insisted on having it "Repaired" that was 9 days ago...I can whole heartedly say that I will never go near Carphone Warehouse again as long as I live. Totally useless from beginning to end. Even managed to set my standing order up for the wrong day!! Looking at the o2 "Signal strength in my area" webpage I should have no problems at all. This is central Bristol not the bloody outer hebrides.
  (#6) Old
Default 08-10-2010, 07:48 AM

My Streak suffers from the same problem, I found a thread on it a while back (can't remember where - just google it) so it seems to be a fairly common problem. It keeps happening while I am at home which makes no sense because there is an O2 tower about 2 minutes down the road. I also never experience any such problems with my iPhone which I had for 18 months with the same SIM card.

« Dell Streak Shortcuts! | Fact about Annoying Vibra »