Dell Streak Support Forum for Dell Streak owners to get help and support for their Streak.

(#1) Old
Default Calls going straight to voice mail - 07-14-2010, 01:49 PM

Hi, all just had a strange problem and wondering if it just I seeting I changed ??

Was in area where I just had a GPRS signal and all calls went straight to voice mail but still managed to recieve email and make outgoing calls ???

Just wondered if anybody else had a similar problem or wht setting would I have changed
  (#2) Old
Default 07-15-2010, 10:22 AM

I sometimes get this but mainly when I have only got an Edge or GPRS signal. Not sure what it is.
  (#3) Old
Default 07-15-2010, 01:06 PM

Issue 4: Unable to Answer Incoming Calls

Move to an open space or if you are inside a building move closer to a window.
Make sure your device is not in Airplane mode without wireless connectivity. To clear Airplane mode, touch the Status bar and clear the Airplane mode check box.
Make sure the Call Barring feature has not been activated. Touch the Home button then the Menu button . Choose Settings, Call Settings, Additional Call Settings, Call Barring, and then choose Deactivate All.
  (#4) Old
Default 07-16-2010, 04:37 AM

GSM/GPRS/EDGE network may cause this issue.
Need to turn off data connection or stop data transmitting.

It's normal situation on 2G network.
  (#5) Old
Default 07-16-2010, 10:57 AM

May be this is normal on 2G network when using Steak, but it's certainly not normal on my old iphone 3G and 3GS. When you are using the internet in 2G network, you can still receive calls when I use my iphones. I am now using my Streak as a internet/media device, not as my main phone due to this problem after missing a few important calls. I was using the internet while I was waiting for these important calls and I couldn't receive any! I think it has a software problem, but a lot people still think this is normal so I am not hopeful on a fix on this problem in the next software update.

« Anyone using the Steak for VPNs? | Streak purchase from Dell or ATT in U.S. »