Dell Streak Support Forum for Dell Streak owners to get help and support for their Streak.

(#1) Old
Default Sycn'd contacts automatically? - 07-13-2010, 11:18 PM

This isn't a request for help as much as a request for a solution to my confusion!

I got my Streak from O2 today, got it home, charged it and had a bit of a play with it and then a bit more when I got back from work so I don't exactly know when this happened exactly.

Now this I got because I thought it was going to be a brilliant device and I wasn't wrong, especially when it transfered all my contacts from my old BB Storm over to it. This is different network (Storm - Vodafone, Streak - O2), different SIM, different phone number, haven't yet connected Streak to my laptop and the blue tooth was turned off on my Storm.

The only common denominator between these two phones is my facebook account, both recieving emails from my GMail account and physical proximity (both in the same pocket).

Can anyone explain how my entire contents of my previous phones contacts, got onto the Streak? It has been incrediably useful but a huge source of puzzlement to me!
  (#2) Old
Default 07-14-2010, 10:24 PM

It got them as soon as you signed into your Gmail account, from your Gmail contacts.

Streak supplied 8 July 2010, direct from

« Uncontrollable vibration: | no sound on phone calls »