Dell Streak Support Forum for Dell Streak owners to get help and support for their Streak.

(#1) Old
Default Phone operation is weird! - 07-10-2010, 08:41 PM

Four days in now using the Streak and I'm finding the phone operation unreliable. Some of the things I'm experiencing are:
  • No ring on some incoming calls, just vibrate. Therefore, can miss calls.
  • Screen flashing on incoming calls and takes a few rings before you can press the answer button. Is this normal? I've seen it flash from blank-home screen-phone screen-blank.
  • Often I can't search for a contact by typing as it stops searching. This happens quite frequently. With 982 contacts, it makes it very awkward scrolling through them.
  • Bluetooth phone operation to the car doesn't always work the same. Sometimes it is fine. Other times I answer the call from the car, but there is no sound until I do multiple clicks on the Streak to kick it into operation and by that time the caller may have given up and hung up.

Streak supplied 8 July 2010, direct from
  (#2) Old
Default 07-10-2010, 08:58 PM

Hi d3matt

This all seems very strange, I read many people having problems on this forum with the Streak, I read all the Streak forums and when i see someone explaining a problem, i always try to recreate the issue and give the answer.

I can honestly say, I have never had any one of these problems, My Streak seems to run absolutly fine, never had a problem and don't see any problems, I'm wondering if some of you have very early releases of the Streak that may have a problem or have some piece of software clashing that is causing the problems.

Very strange.

I use my Streak everyday for doing everyday surfing, emailing etc, I don't really use it for calling as i spend hours on the phone a day due to my business, so i use a small samsung for calls, but even when surfing I can receive calls and text with no problems.

I really do hope another member can help you out, I wonder how many members have a Streak that can also say they have had no problems?

If I was to offer my opinion, I'd take it back to where you purchased it and get a replacement, tell them the problems your having and see if they will give a replacement.

Kind Regards
  (#3) Old
Default 07-10-2010, 10:32 PM

Thanks for your reply.
My signature explains where I got it from! It's only a few days old as it the latest build version.

Streak supplied 8 July 2010, direct from
  (#4) Old
Smile Are you using any app killer or manager - 07-11-2010, 09:37 AM

I had a similar problem with my Dell Streak with poor phone signal & reception and I tried lots of things including phoning O2 who simply said "iPhone is a phone first & Streak is a computer first" ! Twaddle to fob off curious customers !

I was running ATK, removed it and lo and behold, phone reception drastically improved to previous performance OR BETTER than my iPhone 3GS.

I have used all iterations of iPhone (2G, 3G, 3GS) and I can honestly say that the Dell beats the "dung" out of any iPhone. I used to be an Apple sheep, now I have gone off Apple big time.

I think Apple has become complacent & its focus is on "form over function" rather than quality control and the sheep fall for it every time. My son who is using my previous iPhone 3GS is totally impressed by the Dell & says he would prefer a smaller screen Android but agrees that Android is great.

Hope some of this rant helps. Kind regards,

« How do I reply to a text message? | Car charger reboots my Streak »