Dell Streak Support Forum for Dell Streak owners to get help and support for their Streak.

(#61) Old
Default 12-23-2010, 10:17 AM

Originally Posted by d3matt View Post
I've not kept up with this thread.
Is this issue just being experienced by only O2 users?
I'm o2 - never had this issue with any version (I've gone from 1.6, 2.1beta, and now the stock 2.2). I don't think it's a common problem. It's also hard to pin down - at what point exactly are the messages going missing? There are many steps before they reach the phone.
  (#62) Old
Default 01-08-2011, 12:32 PM

Google says it will fix a mobile phone bug that mistakenly sends text messages to the wrong people.
The glitch, which has hit a small portion of the company's Android mobile phones, first emerged last year.
Those affected say some of their texts have ended up in the hands of random recipients.

BBC News - Google to fix phone bug that misdirects text messages
  (#63) Old
Default Still issue!?! - 03-04-2011, 03:31 PM

Glad I found someone else who has this...!

Althought I don't think I've lost text messages, I have been receiving them randomly late (it's like the radio drops off after a short while..) If I text someone it springs to life and dumps all the new texts on. It also does an annoying thing that it disconnects from my works wireless network very shortly after locking the screen then i have to go wo wi-fi and click it again for it to connect. I have the sleep policy set to never and have a static IP address on our network.

If anyone has managed to sort the problem with this device being so idle I would really appreciate to know how you did it, my device is 2 days old....

(#64) Old
Default 03-10-2011, 12:20 AM

I've had my phone for about 6 months and If I could send it back for a refund - right now I would. If you want to keep it and haven't upgraded to Android 2.2 I would suggest holding off until you look at all the bugs being reported and then decide if its worth it to you.

« Cracked screen on my 2 month old Streak | Battery charging stopped with Ipod Nano connected ... »