Dell Streak Apps Discussion on Android apps and games on the Dell Streak go here.

(#1) Old
Thumbs up Ringo Lite - 08-17-2011, 10:26 PM

This app. is not about Ringo Starr the Beatles drummer.

It is a ring tone manager, which will be useful for Streak owners, as they finally be able to assign different ring tones and SMS notification tones to different contacts.

It was mentioned on TV yesterday, that the ability to do this, was a Nokia patent. So, that is probably why the Streak doesn't come with this feature built in. Though other android makers such as Samsung must apparently pay a licence fee to include it on their phones.

This app. is incredibly easy to set up.

Ringo Lite is a fun way to set unique ringtones and SMS tones for friends!
Ringo Lite is a fun way to set unique ringtones and SMS tones for each of your contacts. For way more features - including caller and SMS announce, check out Ringo Pro which lets you use any MP3 music as a ringtone or SMS tone, SMS nag - even set different tones, lights and vibrates for each contact!

*** Sad to say that though all the settings looked fine in the application, after I assigned ring tones, I tested it using my other phone as a contact.

However, the Streak kept playing the default ring tone I got from Zedge. So, I gave up and deleted the app.

If anyone tries it, and overcomes the problem of the default ringtone playing, please let us know.

And if anyone is using an alternative to Ringo, again, please let us know.

Last edited by Australian; 08-18-2011 at 10:23 PM. Reason: Added text

assign ring tones, ring tone, ringo lite

« Spell Checker | Movie playback with subtitles »