Dell Streak Apps Discussion on Android apps and games on the Dell Streak go here.

(#1) Old
Default Pinnacle Locker - Apps Lock - 07-09-2011, 07:38 AM

I have been researching all of the available free Apps. which can secure selected applications on android phones.

All of them have some problems that bothered some people. You can't please all of the people, all of the time. But you can please some.

I thought "Pinnacle Locker" seemed best, and I downloaded it, as it is suited to the Streak.

My only use for it is to secure "KII Safe", which now won't open accidentally if a friend was to open some apps. on the phone. Instead, a keypad will open up, to unlock KII Safe. Bear in mind, they are still no way aware of what KII Safe is, or does.

You can lock down emails, whatever you like virtually.....

So, for me, so far, it is working well, and I like the thought of it working automatically. You can't forget to lock it.

All but one other of these types of application have some sort of activation indicated on the notifications bar. This one does too, a tiny green lock. But I subsequently discovered that by using the Streak's menu button, the notification can be turned off.

Without further ado ....

- Profile ON/OFF can be switch using Widget. Click on Lock icon to turn on and off Profiles.- We have received complaints that this application doesn't work on Sony Xperia x10. We are investigating this and will get back with a fix ASAP.
- For folks who complained that this app doesn't work with AdFree, please understand that Ads are the only revenue for us to support the application in any form. Any means to block the ads in the application with third party application will result in undesired behavior. Thank you for you patience.
Pinnacle Locker
- Lock any application on your phone: SMS, Message, Gmail, Photo, Gallery, Video and Camera ..any app u choose!
- Are you missing the feature that lets you lock different applications when you are at home and when you are at work and infact at any other place??
- Are you disappointed with that limited functionality that your free application offers??
Welcome to the world of Pinnacle Locker. Protect all your droid applications on the fly.
- The one feature that sets this app apart from the rest is profiles feature.
Pinnacle Locker lets you lock apps on your phone based on the profiles created.
Ex: If you want to lock apps A,B at home and B,C at work. Pinnacle Locker allows to do this with ease with two profiles profiles created. Just switch to the profile you want depending on where ever you are.
- Interactive to widget to switch from one profile to another to lock your applications.
-There is no limit on the number of applications locked and profiles created unlike other free applications.
keywords : app protector, applock,lock,safe,privacy,application protection,pic lock,image lock,image vault and photo lock
We are only as good as our product is.
If "Pinnacle Locker" doesn't work on your phone, please send us an email on with your device and its OS details. We will get back you with the issue addressed as soon as possible.

Last edited by Australian; 07-09-2011 at 11:34 AM. Reason: Notification note
  (#2) Old
Default Pinnacle Locker - Apps Lock - 07-09-2011, 11:04 AM

Easy to use when you know how.

I could not work out how to get the profile I made for KII Safe to work, after I created another for Explorer. It seemed to select just one or the other.

I eventually figured out that just 1 profile might be best to cover the two, and I titled it "KII Safe & Explorer".

Then at the one time, tick all the applications in the list, you want the security to cover.

Then apply those settings, and all those you nominated will open first to the Pinnacle numeric key pad, before they can be opened.

*** And I discovered that if you Pinnacle on board, and you have Explorer as well, - and you wish to examine the thumbnails (using Explorer) and are already in Explorer (having been given access by Pinnacle), Pinnacle will not allow you to enlarge the thumbnails via "Image Viewer" etc. - without re-entering you numeric password again.

When looking at thumbnails in Explorer, they are so small as to be almost unrecognizable, so you usually look at then via "Image Viewer" to enlarge them. Just in case you delete the wrong residual thumbnails.

I won't bore you yet again, as to why it is important to check that backed up thumbnails should be removed using a file manager.

So, Pinnacle is a really good Apps locker.

Last edited by Australian; 07-11-2011 at 03:07 AM. Reason: Edited from *** down

apps lock, apps locker, pinnacle apps lock

« Google Plus | Optus Apps for Aussies - Free TV Streams »